• Visite Classe 1900 - St-Girons
  • Visite Église Luzenac de Moulis
  • Visite chez les artistes - St-Girons
  • Marbre d'Aubert
  • Visite des savoir-faire
   
   

st-lizier palais evequesThe exceptional Romanesque art of the City : The St-Lizier cathedral : The exterior of the apse is composed of Gallo-roman reuses; inside, XIth century frescoes adorn the apse.

Adjacent to the church, the Romanesque cloister shows us a group of capitals realised by a workshop from Toulouse that also worked on the Daurade church. The cloister gives us a glimpse of the Couserans Bishop’s treasure : gold and silverware from the XIIth until the XVIIIth century.

At the former Bishop's palace, the Notre-Dame-de-la-Sède romanesque cathedral exhibits its Renaissance-style monumental paintings of an exceptional rarity.

Inside the "Hôtel Dieu" (former hospital), a beautiful XVIIIth century apothecary can be visited, with tourist office guided tours only.

Église St-Pierre de MontgauchEthymology : "Montgauch" is the Gascon name for "Montjoie" and is a witness of one of the pilgrimage roads to Santiago, connecting St-Lizier to St-Bertrand de Comminges. At the locality of "l'Evêché", remains of the Roman era were found.

The St-Peter's church was built on simple ratings during the XIth century and, later, was raised to its actual hight.

Église luzenac de moulisThe church dates back to the XIIth century.

The origin of the name Luzenac might come from Lux, the God of light, and ac, acqua, water.

On the west side, the church has a Roman portal which is integrated to a Jesuit-style, braced façade.

Église St-Jean d'Eycheil

The name Eycheil comes from the medival name "Isset", that could mean "cleared place". The church is located on the Roman road and is eastward directed.

The church was built during several construction periods, from end XIth to the XIIIth century and different types of stones were used.

The Baroque belfry has a Chi-Rho made of an upside-down sealed re-use
.